In its January issue the prestigious Travel & Leisure magazine published an article called “The Most Beautiful Airports in the World” and the new Carrasco Airport Terminal (operated by Eduardo Eurnekian’s Corporacion America) is highlighted as one of the best airports.
This selection of airports was made by a renowned architecture Critic, Karrie Jacobs, who writes on travels, architectural design, visual language and architecture- applied- technology in various publications, such as the New York Times, ID & Fortune. She’s also an editor of the most prestigious devoted magazines of architecture, landscaping and urban design. She’s currently a professor at the New York School of Visual Arts.
The new Carrasco Airport was opened on the last 29th December 2009 and after one month from the opening date it received highly favorable critics both from the Uruguayan people and internationally too. From the first Opening flight, the wide range of services, commercial offers and even communication actions have had a positive impact and caused a high level of acceptance both by users and the general public, who visit the facilities on a daily basis.
Jacobs considered not only the building architectural beauty, or its integration to the landscape but also its functionality for passengers.
According to the article, the “most beautiful” airports in the world are the following::
• Terminal 3, Beijing International Airport, China;
• Terminal 4, Barajas Airport, Madrid, Spain;
• TWA Terminal, John F. Kennedy Airport, New York City, USA;
• Carrasco International Airport, Montevideo, Uruguay;
• Sondika Airport, Bilbao, Spain;
• Denver International Airport, USA;
• Incheon International Airport, Korea del Sur;
• Marrakech Menara Airport, Marrakesh;
• Chek Lap Kok Airport, Hong Kong, China;
• Tempelhof International Airport, Berlin, Germany;
• Malvinas Argentinas Airport, Ushuaia, Argentina;
• Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan;
• Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia.